Reading is one of the best hobbies that a person can have. It expands our worldview, challenges and develops our way of thinking, and helps us grow as a individuals. Here are a few of my all time favorite books, plus the books that I’m reading currently
All Time Favorites
- “Profiles In Courage” by John F. Kennedy – Kennedy’s classic work details the lives of 8 United States Senators who acted in a courageous manner during their tenure, and suffered often irreparable damage to their career because of it. This book is a wonderful expose in statesmanship.
- “Blue Collar Conservatives” by Rick Santorum – This is one of the books that helped shape my political worldview. Santorum details his argument for a socially end economically conservative agenda designed to help blue-collar America. This book was instrumental in my decision to support the Senator’s 2016 campaign, and in developing my own political philosophy.
- “The Conservative Heart” by Arthur Brooks – Brooks’ manifesto on compassionate conservatism is another book that helped shape my ideology. He discusses how conservative policies, not top-down liberalism, are the answer to poverty and injustice.
- “Destiny And Power” by Jon Meacham – By far my favorite biography, Meacham’s narrative of the life of George H.W. Bush paints the picture of a compassionate, pragmatic President who put did what was best for the country, even when it was not politically expedient.
What I’m Currently Reading
- “The Way Of The SEAL” by Mark Divine
- “Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder” by Nassim Nicholas Taleb